List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KConfig with multiple files
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-03-29 19:42:04

Hi,

using KDE4's KConfig stuff, is it possible to read from 2 files and
write to only one?

Lets say I have

foobar.kdev4
foobarglobal.kdev4

On a certain occassion (when a specific setting in foobar.kdev4 is
different from the one in foobarglobal.kdev4) I'd like to create a
KConfig object that reads any setting that is present in both files
from the foobarglobal.kdev4, but writes the same setting to
foobar.kdev4. Of course any setting that is only present in foobar.kdev4
will be read and written from that file. (foobarglobal.kdev4 will not
have any setting that is not present in foobar.kdev4). Is that possible
with KConfig? If so, where do I start looking?

Andreas

--
You're definitely on their list.  The question to ask next is what list it is.