List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Wish] Title, Address and Date format
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-30 17:22:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 7:10, Yukiko Bando wrote:
> First, thank you all for your help.
>
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > 1. Title
> > >
> > > When it refers to persons, we say 肩書 or 称号.
> > > When it refers to documents, we say タイトル or 題名.
> >
> > would it be possible for you to start cataloging this information
> > somewhere, for instance on developernew.kde.org? we have a section
> > there for localization tutorials:
> >
> >  http://developernew.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/
> >
> > perhaps we could add one that simply lists these kinds of strings along
> > with the comment fields that should accompany them? e.g.
> >
> > i18n("A person", "Title")
> > i18n("A thing", "Title")
>
> That's a good idea if it will help prevent the same English string from
> being used in a different context.

that's the idea =)

> > or whatever. this way we can keep them consistent. if you need
> > direction/help with the wiki, i'm happy to assist.
>
> I don't know much about the wiki...  Will someone else start? :)

sure... if you go to this page:

http://developernew.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n

and click on "Standard Context For Common Phrases" in the table of contents,
you'll see the start of the table. i don't know if this is the _best_ place
for it, but it gives us a place to at least start cataloguing these things.
we can always easily move it elsewhere later.

anyways, click on the Edit link to the right of the heading and you can add
new entries... the wiki syntax for a new row is like this:

|-
| Phrase || Context || <tt>1i8n("Context hint", "Phrase")</tt>

> > this is a bug in KIPI. you'll need to file a bug report on bugs.kde.org
> > for this.
>
> Filed a bug report # 140890.

thanks =)

--