List:       kde-devel
Subject:    What about a glossary (was: Re: [Wish] Title, Address and Date format)
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-29 22:17:20

Am Montag, 29. Januar 2007 23:10, schrieb David Jarvie:
> The idea I had in mind was that translators would add a string to the list
> whenever they came across one that was ambiguous in their language. So
> compilation of the list of strings would be manual. Detection of these
> ambiguous strings in actual code would be automatic, by Krazy.

Such a glossary would be very good, not only for ambiguous english terms, but
in general. Developers, who often are not native english speakers and in need
for a matching english term, so the other way round, could have a look there,
too.
I would also help as reference for consistent naming in the ui, cmp.
e.g. "folder" vs. "directory".

Do any translation teams use a glossary at all? I could not find a reference
at l10n.kde.org.

Friedrich