List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some questions regarding development for KDE3
From:       Alexander Dymo <dymo () ukrpost ! ua>
Date:       2007-01-19 0:09:06

> - Quick Open Class still doesn't handle wildcards ('*'), it only completes
> on the beginning of the fully qualified class name. How convenient when all
> your classes are under a specific namespace, you have to type the whole
> namespace name before being able to filter anything.
It matches any part of the name actually. You can skip the namespace
of course.

> - Quick Open Method is equally useless for the same reason above, it
> doesn't even indicate which class each method belongs to.
It will provide a resolution dialog if you have more than one methods
with the same name. Same holds for class open.

> - same lack for Quick Open File, which also only shows source files and
> makefiles
Yeah, it just shows the files in a project.

> - 'Find in Files' merely calls /usr/bin/find ?? You've got to be kidding
> here, I suppose it's just a temporary fill-in until the real feature is
> done. And it doesn't keep the previous searches in memory.
It opens new tabls in the toolview, is that what you mean by
"previous searches"?

> - tried code completion on a trivial case (QRect var), nothing. It works on
> Eclipse (although it takes way too long to respond)
Well, this has been working for years...