List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about running KDE
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-29 9:23:31

On Wed Nov 29 2006, Franklin wrote:
> David Faure's messages:
> > On Wed Nov 29 2006, Franklin wrote:
> > > In kio/kio/kservicefactory.cpp
> > > KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopName(), find_string returns 0.  Does
> > > this mean that there is no data in ksycoca cache?  I tried to run
> > > kbuildsycoca again but the same result.
> >
> > You can query ksycoca using ktradertest, like
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Here is my result:
>
> $ ktradertest Application '' "DesktopEntryName=='kcontrol'"
Does your ksycoca actually contain apps? You can try ktradertest Application to see them all.

> kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /tmp/kdecache-franklin/ksycoca
Is that a file or a symlink? Does it point to a real non-empty file?

> It seems to get wrong while building sycoca.
> And, I defined both my KDETMP and KDEVARTMP in /tmp.
> Is it ok to do so?
I'm not sure, since here it's a symlink from the former to the latter...
/tmp/kde-dfaure/ksycoca -> /var/tmp/kdecache-dfaure/ksycoca
How is it on your setup?