List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4: kdebase4 rpmbuild failed
From:       "Gary L. Greene, Jr." <greeneg () phoenuxos ! com>
Date:       2006-11-27 18:28:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 25 November 2006 15:38, nano schultz wrote:
> > Fix your kernel headers.
>
> but How ?
>
> nano $ rpm -qa | grep kernel
> kernel-devel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
> kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
> kernel-headers-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6

> >> unsubscribe <<

While I agree with Thiago that you (or in this case, Fedora) should fix the
kernel headers, WHY are the headers being pulled in in the first place? Isn't
the rule of thumb that all user-space tools should never link against them?
If that is the case, why not pull in our own "sanitised" version of the
headers that are needed for that component so we never have to deal with this
again...

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: uriel.tolharadys.net