List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Introducing into KDE programming
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rafael_Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?=" <ereslibre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 15:37:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Taking a look to your responses (that are really productive and interesting=
,
I thank you) I wonder how do you develop for KDE. I mean... what strategy d=
you follow to have a running system and hack KDE without breaking yours or
whatever.

I know that a obvious response is that you may work in terminal with emacs
or something (as I do lots of times when programming), but I really like
KDE, so I use it for my personal window manager, file manager and so on...
despite the fact that I do use xemacs for programming.

The idea of having another tree (i.e ~/kde-devel) and play with KDEDIRS
variable could be interesting, but I DON'T want to compile kdebase any time
that I break kdesu for example when programming or something (i know that i=
not necessary, but having a unclean tree makes me crazy). For that reason I
thought in downloading only apps that I would like to improve (i.e. kate,
kmail, kdesu...) and compile them with the include dir in my root system an=
the libraries in my kde root directory.

Thank you very much for your time,
Rafael Fern=E1ndez L=F3pez.