List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Error in KStandardDirs::findExe (documentations)?
From:       "koos vriezen" <koos.vriezen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-21 22:05:30

Hi,

When fixing my local checkout of nsplugin to set env.
'XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1' for the viewer process (this little app can
generate BadMatch pretty fast w/ composite and this not set using
flash), While at it, I took a look why my tries the other day to run a
chroot'ed viewer only worked when I renamed the one in /usr/bin,
despite having /usr/local/bin first in my PATH (where I have the
dchroot link). Anyhow nsplugin uses findExe, so I checked its
documentation and it says: "Finds the executable in the system path.".
Now of course I'm not quite sure what 'system path' refers to, but the
PATH environment variable is all I can think of (*). However the
implementation first looks in the defaultbindir and then takes the
path into account. So unless system path means something different,
either the documentation or implementation is wrong here

(*) and findExe has a second arg:
    pathstr       The path list which will be searched. If this
               is 0 (default), the $PATH environment variable will
              be searched.
which only strengthen the idea that by system path the PATH env. is meant.

Regards,
Koos