List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KEditToolbar
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-07-12 17:44:24

Hi,

I accidentally replied to David instead of the list.  The short version is, my
pasted code was mangled; I tried declaring ket as both KEditToolbar* and
KEditToolbar, both ways gave the same result.

The fact that pressing the Apply button doesn't disable that button (which
should happen according to KEditToolbar::slotApply()) made me suspicious.

I now think I know what's happening.  In KDE-3.x, KEditToolbar was derived
from KDialogBase, which had a slotApply() slot connected to the Apply
button's clicked() signal.  In KDE-4, KEditToolbar is now derived from
KDialog, which does not have slotApply().  And KEditToolbar does not connect
its slotApply() signal to the Apply button's clicked() signal.  It looks like
this was overlooked when we switched from KDialogBase to KDialog.

I'll submit a patch to k-c-d, but I wonder if there are similar bugs elsewhere
in the codebase...

thanks,
Jason