List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KEditToolbar
From:       Hamish Rodda <rodda () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-12 15:09:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 11:38, Jason Harris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement editable toolbars for KStars.  I've got:
>
> void KStars::slotConfigureToolbars() {
> 	saveMainWindowSettings( KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow" );
> 	KEditToolbar ket = new KEditToolbar(actionCollection());
> 	connect(ket,SIGNAL(newToolbarConfig()),this,SLOT(slotApplyToolbarConfig())
>);
>
> 	//ket.exec();
> 	//DEBUG
> 	if ( ket.exec() == QDialog::Accepted ) {
> 		kDebug() << "KEditToolbar dialog returned Accepted" << endl;
> 	}
> }
>
> void KStars::slotApplyToolbarConfig() {
> 	//DEBUG
> 	kDebug() << "Recreating GUI..." << endl;
>
> 	createGUI();
> 	applyMainWindowSettings( KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow" );
> }
>
> ...and slotConfigureToolbars() is connected to
> KStdAction::configureToolbars().  This is basically straight from the
> KEditToolbar API dox.
>
> The KEditToolbars dialog opens and behaves just fine, but on pressing Apply
> or Ok, the toolbar does not get updated to reflect the changes I made, and
> I never see my "Recreating GUI" debug message (so it's never getting to
> slotApplyToolbarConfig() ).  I do get the "KEditToolbar dialog returned
> Accepted" debug message.
>
> Another weirdness is that after pressing "Apply", the "Apply" button does
> not get disabled.  Looking at kedittoolbar.cpp, slotApply() both disables
> the Apply button and emits the newToolbarConfig() Signal, so it seems this
> slot is never being reached.  Indeed, there's no connect() statement
> involving slotApply() in kedittoolbar.cpp.
>
> Anyone have a clue about this?

Hmm, sounds like edit toolbars might be broken.  I wasn't aware that it's
broken though.

However, should LiveUI make it past the design/implementation/acceptance
stage, the whole edittoolbars class will be rewritten, so unless someone
volunteers to fix edittoolbars (which is likely to be fairly pointless) I'd
recommend waiting for now.

Cheers,
Hamish.