Hi, I accidentally replied to David instead of the list. The short version is, my pasted code was mangled; I tried declaring ket as both KEditToolbar* and KEditToolbar, both ways gave the same result. The fact that pressing the Apply button doesn't disable that button (which should happen according to KEditToolbar::slotApply()) made me suspicious. I now think I know what's happening. In KDE-3.x, KEditToolbar was derived from KDialogBase, which had a slotApply() slot connected to the Apply button's clicked() signal. In KDE-4, KEditToolbar is now derived from KDialog, which does not have slotApply(). And KEditToolbar does not connect its slotApply() signal to the Apply button's clicked() signal. It looks like this was overlooked when we switched from KDialogBase to KDialog. I'll submit a patch to k-c-d, but I wonder if there are similar bugs elsewhere in the codebase... thanks, Jason On Wednesday 12 July 2006 06:49, you wrote: > On Wednesday 12 July 2006 03:38, Jason Harris wrote: > >    KEditToolbar ket = new KEditToolbar(actionCollection()); > > Should be > KEditToolbar* ket = new KEditToolbar(actionCollection()); > > Which shows two things: > - C++ is not java ;) > - kedittoolbar is missing an "explicit" in its constructor(s) declaration -- ------------------------------- KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars Forums: http://kstars.30doradus.org >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<