List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: arts missing from SVN?
From:       "Nick Savoiu" <nsavoiu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-25 2:43:28

> KDevelop could use more developers. I can walk you through getting
> everything
> set up. Some individual kde4 apps (like kdevelop) will run, but the
> desktop
> as a whole probably won't.
>
> Let me know how I can help

I just tried building kde4 following the instructions at:

 http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE3To4

but I got stuck at

 cmakekde ../kdelibs4_snapshot

Even though I downloaded, built and installed libungif 4.1.4 it still
complains that it "Could NOT find GIF". Using the old ./configure I could
look in the status file and see why things went south.

How can I debug this failure? The libs are there and LD_LIBRARY_PATH points
to them.

Thanks,
Nick