List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: arts missing from SVN?
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-21 23:24:17

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 17:26, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> > KDevelop could use more developers. I can walk you through getting
> > everything
> > set up. Some individual kde4 apps (like kdevelop) will run, but the
> > desktop
> > as a whole probably won't.
> >
> > Let me know how I can help
>
> I'll try the instructions and see how far I can get. I'm looking at active
> involvement starting probably in October (booked solid until then). So I
> wanted to just get my feet wet with having KDE4 up and running (if
> possible).
>
> What areas in KDevelop need help? I was thinking of the debugger which has
> a few pet peeves of mine :)
>
> Nick

Anything and everything. If you're interested in the debugger stuff, I can get
you in touch with our debugger guy, Vladimir Prus. He's done some excellent
stuff with the debugger. For instance, KDevelop 3.4 has been switched to use
the MI interface of GDB, so it works much better now. He might have some
ideas on ways to improve things for KDE 4.

For KDevelop 4, we're refactoring a lot of the ideas that previous KDevelop
versions had and are looking to improve on what's already there and add a few
things that aren't. Pretty much everything is up for grabs. There's still
tons to do in the build system and version control integration area if you're
interested in those at all. Pretty much anything you want to work on in
KDevelop is up for grabs in trunk. :)
--
Matt