List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror sidebar plugin not found
From:       Jaakko Kyro <jkyro () korjaussarja ! net>
Date:       2006-06-20 7:46:57

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 03:57, Thomas Kadauke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Without more information, I can only suggest that you call kbuildsycoca.

What information would be needed?

> If
> you install a new .desktop file, it is only recognized by KDE after the
> SYstem COnfiguration CAche is rebuilt. Thats what kbuildsycoca does.
> However, if you've relogined, and it still doesn't work, then that's not
> the problem, because the sycoca is rebuilt during each login.

Yes, I've done that without success. Btw. kbuildsycoca says:
$ kbuildsycoca
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
$

Could this have anything to do with it? But even if it did, I think that the
plugins installed from the packages of the distribution (Kubuntu) wouldn't
work either?

--
-jaakko