List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Developing at ten?
From:       "Will Entriken" <kde.org () 2006 ! phor ! net>
Date:       2006-04-30 16:33:44

> 0. Is this the right place to ask these questions?
this is a good place for all development questions, also try
#kde-devel on irc.freenode.net

> 1. What do I need to know?
> 2. What applications/languages should I use?
> 3. What part of KDE should I work on?
there are many ways to help. if you understand c++ and can make sense
of code, documentation in the code is a great place to start. if you
are serious with c++ and some qt, you can then later contribure some
code patches. if you don't know c++, you can contribute translations
or docbooks.

> 4. Am I too young to start developing? (I'm only 10)
> 5. How much experience do I need?
no/none

> 6. Do I write .diff files, .cpp files, both, or others?
generally, you edit the existing files, and then generate diffs.

> 7. When I'm done, how do I get it into KDE?
submit the diffs to this mailing list, and after a few helpful
submissions, you will be given access to a faster way to do it.

-
If you tell me what c++ experience you have, I would be able to help
you get started.

-Will Entriken