List:       kde-devel
Subject:    using kde-config for KDE detection
From:       Karol Pietrzak <kap4020 () rit ! edu>
Date:       2006-04-30 16:17:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello everyone.

I've got two questions relating to kde-config:
1. When did kde-config start appearing in KDE installations?  I seem to have
found references online mentioning it in KDE 3.0.3 installations.  Has it
existed all the way back to 3.0.x?
2. Is using kde-config reliable?  SuSE Linux puts kde-config in the kdelibs
package, so it is always present when KDE is installed.
However, I'm sure there is some distribution out there that puts kde-config
into a -devel package or something.  Anyone know off-hand of any such
complications?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out. :)

--
Karl Pietrzak
kap4020@rit.edu