List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KHTML
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-29 19:58:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 22:17, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 09:09:24PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Bob Rossi wrote:
> > >Is this portable to linux/solaris/aix/hp? I'm assumming that it is
> > > not, but just want to know.
> >
> > KDE runs on all of those platforms, so KHTML works on them too.
>
> So, I really need to know, is it OK to embed KHTML in a proprietary
> application?

Please read the license.

> Qt is not an issue, is KDE? or is this answer not black
> and white?

Yes, it is not black and white. You can use KHTML in your proprietary
application if you follow the conditions stated in the license (LGPL,
found in the kdelibs/COPYING.LIB and kdelibs/COPYING.BSD files. The
latter is valid for some parts of kdelibs, but AFAIK not for KHTML
itself.

Andras