List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror and umask
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-03-27 22:06:42

Hi,

by accident I noticed that konqueror stops working when setting my umask
to 222.

Running umask 222; konqueror in a terminal brings it up and the "start
page" is white background with the text and broken images. No background
color or image. Putting a local path in the address-lineedit and loading
it brings up a message box telling me the process for the file-protocoll
"ended unexpectedly". The same with http-loading.

Before I file a bug report I'd like to know two things:

1. Is this just the KIO slaves not working with the umask?
2. Is there maybe a reason why this umask setting causes such behaviour?

Andreas

--
That secret you've been guarding, isn't.