List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Reusing User-Agent KCModule
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-03-27 23:54:47

On Sunday 26 March 2006 18:37, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to provide the same configuration functionality of User-Agent
> as exists in Control Center or in Konqueror, but at application scope.
>
> I though of copying kcontrol/kio/useragentdlg.*, and required files, to my
> project, and change the source configuration file name, so it doesn't
> overide the global settings.
>
> The problem I'm having is how to link the dialog with my KConfigDialog, as
> the buttons don't do anything right now (as expected but... the apply
> button enabled/disabled state shouldn't work?).

I see that one have to use a KCMultiDialog and addModule(). This means I'll
have to port UserAgentDlg to be a standard widget using my one kconfigxt
settings, so I can continue using KConfigDialog magic right?

Wouldn't be useful to have a KControlConfigDialog class,  that would implement
KControl Module stuff on top of KConfigDialog instead of KDialogBase as it is
right now?

Paulo