List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: klaptop_daemon refactoring ?
From:       Paul Campbell <paul () taniwha ! com>
Date:       2006-02-22 21:32:08

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 04:45, Marc Espie wrote:
> I've just got around to get the klaptop_daemon code to work
> again on OpenBSD.
>
> This is really a pain, portable.cpp is a big problem to maintain.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone is currently actively maintaining that file ?

I'm responsible for it, but I've always let people from various environments
(BSD, ppc, etc) make their own changes - but it's been left to moulder for a
while (what with me moving countries and all) - I'm preparing to do a cleanup
for 4.0

I was talking to Aaron at LCAA last month and he made a good suggestion that
we move much of this (ie portable.cpp) into the HAL layer leaving the UI part
where it is which makes a lot of sense - this is much harder than one might
expect as there's a bunch of subtlety in the battery management, especially
for APM where the kernel APIs are variable to say the least

	Paul