List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Track time spent on desktop
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-14 18:32:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Samstag, 14. Januar 2006 18:58 schrieb Stefan Horomnea:
> Hello,
>
> I think a great idea for enterprise and personal use might be an
> automatically tracking time program for the tasks spent on desktop.
>
> Do you know such a program free or commercial - for KDE ?
>
> Something like:
> Task X (you define name here)
> - window1 title xseconds
> - window2 title xseconds

It's called karm. You can find it in the kdepim module, and it's been around
since 1998 at least. :)

Seriously: currently karm only tracks switching desktops back and forth.
Adding the ability to track the active window should be rather trivial. But
mind you that might not be useful. e.g. I for one switch desktops to my mail
client on which I have private and work mails. Thus blind automatic tracking
might not be for everyone.

Cheers,
  Daniel