List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Track time spent on desktop
From:       Stefan Horomnea <stefan () softexperience ! biz>
Date:       2006-01-14 18:48:31

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hello Daniel,<br>
Thanks for your answer. Yes I've tried karm. Indeed it tracks switching
desktops. I meant I want to see for example how many seconds I spent
writing this email, and searching google for - linux kde "track time" -
and also how much time I spent subscribing to kde email lists , and as
this can be done automatically, I will just have to have an interface
for draging (say at the end of the day) these activities to the group
(defined by me) - Kde optimize research - and other little pieces of
activities which are logged automatically by focus window (with title)
used to group to other activity group, say - work on project X - etc.
And if I have 10 min iddle, to name this - phone call from x- and drag
to another group. Spherical timesheet does it all, but unfortunately
that is an enterprise program which is developed actively by a company
which makes money out of it. And I don't have the money to sponsor such
a project :)<br>
Can you please give me an advice how can I make a poor's man tracking,
if it's not very complicated ? How can I detect when a window has been
focused and if there is mouse/keyboard activity on it ?<br>
I am not a programmer, I only do php and mysql, but this kind of
program is an obsession for me for some time (1-2 years). :)<br>
Thanks,<br>
Stefan<br>