List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using ThumbCreator in a synchronous environment
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-01-14 18:27:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 09 January 2006 11:02, Roberto Cappuccio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble using the ThumbCreator in a synchronous environment.

[snip]

> As said beore, with images it works perfectly. With HTML and text files I
> get the following error:
>
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2a20)!

Looks like you are calling this from a thread other than the main thread.
Maybe that is what you meant with synchronous.

GUI classes cannot be used in other threads and the thumb creators that render
text are very likely using QPainter on QPixmaps for that and QPixmap is such
a GUI class.

Is it necessary to do it in a separate thread?

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>