List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Asking Kicker/ExtensionContainer to reparse Configuration
From:       Rajeev J Sebastian <rajeev_jsv () dinamis ! com>
Date:       2006-01-07 17:51:14

On Saturday 07 January 2006 18:17, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a Panel Extension, and one of the things I need to do is to
> have a toggle button on it, which when it is On behaves as if the extension
> is not set on auto hide, and if it is Off, then the extension behaves as if
> it was set on auto hide.
>
> I am able to read the config file, and set the AutoHidePanel to true/false
> based on the toggle button. But, the behaviour changes only when I restart
> Kicker. Is there any way to force Kicker to reparse the configuration ?

Ok, I got the above to work by using dcop.

I have a couple of other questions:
1) How to know when the KPanelExtension initializes its KConfig ? Currently,
calling config() in the constructor of my panel extension returns 0. So, I am
getting it in another frequently called method. Is there a better way to do
this ?

2) Is there some mechanism to remove the extension ? I have a button on my
extension which allows to remove without having to use the context menu. I
looked around everywhere, and it seems that the mechanisms to remove
extension are very much inaccessible as in ExtensionManager.

Regards,
Rajeev J Sebastian