List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternative to traditional (virtual) desktop: The Strip
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2005-12-12 8:00:36

On Sunday 11 December 2005 11:17 pm, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 12 December 2005 05:28, David Johnson wrote:
> > I must somewhat agree with lordSauron. The average person on the
> > street is NOT good at this.
>
> Er, that a coder sucks at doing something doesn't mean that the user
> is good at it.

Go read the thread again. I am agreeing that UI design "isn't something
that your average-joe on the street is that good at". I am not claiming
that the coder is any better.

> People who make such enhancement requests are not everyday users,
> they are geeks too. Everyday users don't even know how to make such
> requests.

I see the same sort of requests at my work, so it's not limited to
geeks. The reason it occurs is because everyone is different and uses
their software in different ways. The one-size-fits-all interface does
not fit they way they work, so they want it changed.

--
David Johnson