List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kdevdevelop editor
From:       Alexander Dymo <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-11-04 22:29:33

On Thursday 03 November 2005 14:26, Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
> When I design a GUI in KDevDesigner, and I try to generate the ui.h file, I
> get the "editor couldn't be loaded" error. My qt-library is not build
> statically, so that's not the problem. I do have libcppeditor installed and
> the plugin path is set up correctly.
You can not use ui.h files with kdevdesigner (it's not a bug, it's a
feature ;). If you really want to do that, please use Qt3 designer.
But kdevdesigner can be very useful embedded into kdevelop.
Please take a look at
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=doc/technotes/index.html
for hints on how to use the embedded designer.