List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: svn2dist and i18n?
From:       Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-10-26 16:16:20

Op maandag 24 oktober 2005 21:43, schreef Stefan Kombrink:

Hi,

> In fact, there are a lot of translations, but all the files are called
> "kcmksynaptics.po".
> I found no option to pass a distinct file name for .po files so I tweaked
> the script and got the kcmksynaptics.po downloaded and installed.
> Unfortunately when running the application the translations don't take
> effect anyway.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> *why did the translators choose a file name that differs from my
> application's name which could be found automatically by the svn2dist
> script?

Don't blame the translators ;)
You can fix this in your own Makefile.am: kdereview/ksynaptics/src/Makefile.am
actually, at the messages target.

> *what is the proper way to get the translations included into my
> distribution? *is there an easy way to test translations?

I don't really have a proper way, but I wrote a simple bash script (based on
the kdeedu's package script) to retrieve the desired po-files from i18n. If
you enter kcmksynaptics.po in the dialog which appears for the app name, the
translations should be downloaded.

> Thank you very much, this is a very important question for me :)

Good luck,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
  (Punch, 1855)

["gettranslations.sh" (application/x-shellscript)]

#!/bin/bash

KDELANGS=`svn cat https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n/subdirs`
# KDELANGS="nl"
MODULE=`kdialog --inputbox "Enter the SVN module as known in l10n:"`
APPNAME=`kdialog --inputbox "Enter the application name:"`

# TODO: Sanity checks

mkdir po

for KDELANG in $KDELANGS; do
  echo "Checking $KDELANG/$MODULE/$APPNAME.po"
  svn cat https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n/$KDELANG/messages/$MODULE/$APPNAME.po \
2> /dev/null | tee po/$KDELANG.po
  if [ ! -s po/$KDELANG.po ] ; then
    rm po/$KDELANG.po