List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: svn2dist and i18n?
From:       Stefan Kombrink <katakombi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-26 18:45:01

> Don't blame the translators ;)
> You can fix this in your own Makefile.am:
> kdereview/ksynaptics/src/Makefile.am actually, at the messages target.

I didn't mean to blame someone. I just thought there may be a reasonable
explanation for that...

> > *what is the proper way to get the translations included into my
> > distribution? *is there an easy way to test translations?
>
> I don't really have a proper way, but I wrote a simple bash script (based
> on the kdeedu's package script) to retrieve the desired po-files from i18n.
> If you enter kcmksynaptics.po in the dialog which appears for the app name,
> the translations should be downloaded.

Now, I tweaked your script to take anonsvn since I don't have a password (only
a ssh key).
Fetching and installing works, but it's still not working.

I think the problem must be something different.
When my app is called Foo what has the translation file to be called to be
taken into account? foo.mo?

A few strings in my application are translated, but only single words and the
standard actions (Okay, Cancel, and so on).
I have no clue why my .mo files aren't working.