List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange goings on with Juk (FC3, KDE Branch 3.5)
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-10-05 0:29:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 18:40, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> P.S.: One thing I did recently, BEFORE this problem with Juk started,
> was I compiled kdemultimedia and installed it, ran "unsermake
> uninstall" and then recompiled with some (to me) completely useless
> applications removed from the "subdirs" file.  Could something have
> went awry(?) when I did that?  If you want, I can just completely
> remove KDE from Branch 3.5 from our system, and start over.  I might
> anyway, but if you like that I idea, let me know.

As a rule I hate removing whole chunks of old installed code to try and fix a
problem but I can remember one case where I had to completely remove my
KDEDIR and reinstall from scratch.  That stunk. >_<

As it stands I would think that reinstalling kdesupport, arts, kdelibs, and
kdemultimedia would hopefully fix the problem.  I list kdesupport since
that's where akode is.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne