List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Building KDE4 on SuSE 9.3?
From:       "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons () globalsymmetry ! com>
Date:       2005-09-03 12:26:38

On Friday 02 September 2005 19:56, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Saturday 03 September 2005 00:48, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I'm not using qt-copy because I had problems with KDE3.5 svn when I tried
> > using the one in the 3.5 tree.  Should I be using it?  Dose anybody know
> > how to get this to work with the SuSE provided Qt from the supplementary
> > ftp directory?  I'm told by the configure script that I don't have Qt4,
> > but I believe Qt4 is hidden somewhere in the SuSE rpms.  I just don't
> > know how to get it to work.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, your SuSE 9.3 comes with KDE 3.x so your system is
> setted up to use Qt 3. Maybe you have Qt 4 installed but the environment
> variables, like QTDIR, doesn't point to it. I would try to build also
> qt-copy from kdesvn-build because it's easier to set up.
>
> Paulo

SuSE put a Qt4 up on their ftp server, but it wasn't working.  I believe I may
have figured out the biggest part of the problem.  I had $QTDIR/bin in my
path.  Stupid me; I wanted to make sure the qmake for the Qt I _didn't_ build
was the one that was executed.  Well, as it turns out, SuSE put the new one
in /usr/bin, and left the one from Qt3 where it was.  I haven't made a lot of
progress building the KDE4 yet.  I've been studying the parser code for
KDevelop, and I just found there is a bunch of new stuff out there. <shakes
head>
--
Regards,
Steven