On Friday 02 September 2005 19:56, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote: > On Saturday 03 September 2005 00:48, Steven T. Hatton wrote: > > I'm not using qt-copy because I had problems with KDE3.5 svn when I tried > > using the one in the 3.5 tree.  Should I be using it?  Dose anybody know > > how to get this to work with the SuSE provided Qt from the supplementary > > ftp directory?  I'm told by the configure script that I don't have Qt4, > > but I believe Qt4 is hidden somewhere in the SuSE rpms.  I just don't > > know how to get it to work. > > If I'm not mistaken, your SuSE 9.3 comes with KDE 3.x so your system is > setted up to use Qt 3. Maybe you have Qt 4 installed but the environment > variables, like QTDIR, doesn't point to it. I would try to build also > qt-copy from kdesvn-build because it's easier to set up. > > Paulo SuSE put a Qt4 up on their ftp server, but it wasn't working. I believe I may have figured out the biggest part of the problem. I had $QTDIR/bin in my path. Stupid me; I wanted to make sure the qmake for the Qt I _didn't_ build was the one that was executed. Well, as it turns out, SuSE put the new one in /usr/bin, and left the one from Qt3 where it was. I haven't made a lot of progress building the KDE4 yet. I've been studying the parser code for KDevelop, and I just found there is a bunch of new stuff out there. -- Regards, Steven >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<