List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kalva is ready for submission. ...shall I? ...and where?
From:       Andreas Silberstorff <ml () andreas-silberstorff ! de>
Date:       2005-06-29 23:21:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 00:48 schrieb Henrique Pinto:
> Em Qua 29 Jun 2005 19:53, Andreas Silberstorff escreveu:
> > From reading the README in that module I feel
> > realy uncertain if the playground is the right place for kalva.
>
> If the app already works and is considered stable, you might consider
> moving it to kdereview. If you still have much to develop before a release,
> then playground is the right place.
>
> Do you plan putting Kalva in extragear?
My todolist [1] is quite long, but the app is stable and already quite usefull
and stable. As it is 'only' a frontend to existing apps (mplayer, mencoder,
crontab and at, scantv and optionally aumix) it is not easy to make it
unstable :-) Some points on my todolist are for increasing the flexibility by
providing more mencoder options according hardwaresupport and for the quality
of the output. Most points are about improving tha usability.

Can you tell me more about kdereview? Is that meant as an interim before
moving into one of the official modules?

I would like to move kalva to extragear as I would preferr to be able to
release apart from the schedules. As I am still developing heavily on kalva
(I am releasing on kde-files.org at least once - rather twice and more - in a
month) maybe playground is OK untill developement can slow down a little
more.

[1] http://www.andreas-silberstorff.de/ktvapp/index.html#todo