List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kalva is ready for submission. ...shall I? ...and where?
From:       Andreas Silberstorff <ml () andreas-silberstorff ! de>
Date:       2005-06-29 22:53:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello to all out there.
First of all I wish to thank all core developers for providing such a
brilliant framework that is so powerfull and still quite easy to use and that
made Kalva possible.

I finaly found the tootorial I needed so much on http://wiki.kde.org [1] :-)
The fright of loosing the ability to use kdevelop was my biggest reason for
hesitating so long. I hope that this tootorial is not too outdated since it
is still all about CVS, but it should not be too difficould to use this with
SVN.

So now on my local HD I have a directory called kalva under
kdesvn/playground/multimedia that is clean, has a .svnignore and a kalva.lsm
and it is ready for submission. Is the playground the right place? It is not
so that this app is unstable. From reading the README in that module I feel
realy uncertain if the playground is the right place for kalva.

If you want to know more about Kalva, it is hosted on www.kde-apps.org [2] and
there exists a small homepage [3].
Greetings and best wishes,
Andreas

[1] http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=How+To+Use+KDevelop+with+KDE+CVS
[2] http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23381
[3] http://www.andreas-silberstorff.de/ktvapp

P.S.:
Kalva will recieve more kgoodstuff integration. I plan to provide storable
quality profiles and hardwareprofiles that could be shared via
www.kde-files.org as well as since version 0.6 the channellists.
Next big gap to fill out is to read in already scheduled commands for editing.