List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: url-awareness in konsole?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-06-29 8:51:33

On 28.Jun 2005 - 20:43:30, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 07:27, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > That's not what I meant, this "feature" of klipper is IMHO really
> > annoying, as it creates a popup window that has focus. I turned that
> > off.
>
> Well should URL-awareness code be added to every single app that deals with
> text?  And if so, how?

Maybe, I mean URL-awareness is already in khtml, kpdf (IIRC), kmail and I hope
in koffice too.

> It's OK though, you can still use actions even if they don't happen
> automatically.  For me, it's a global shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-R, can be configued
> in klipper).

See, that's too much work IMHO, instead of just clicking on the url, I
need to mark it (where the default setting of konsole doesn't include
?=+ and such, so that URL's with QUERY-strings cannot be marked with a
double click), then press the shortcut and then have to click the
browser I like.

I just wanted to know if there is any work in that direction, because I
would find this a very useful feature in konsole, mainly because I read
emails via mutt-ng.

Andreas

--
Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.