List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Brokering between developers and paying customers
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 3:38:59

El lun, 20-06-2005 a las 08:39 -0400, Jan de Visser escribió:
> On Monday 20 June 2005 08:23, Frederick Emmott wrote:
> > Would there be any issues RE licensing?
> >
> > If some company wants a closed-source KDE app, they have commercial qt
> > license, does the developer need one too?
>
> I would think this is more about in-house applications. If they're not
> distributed, they can be GPLed.
>
> I can't imagine a software company outsourcing the development of a commercial
> piece of software to some contractor they met over the web.

I can.  I have done it before.  I'm involved in the improvement of MyDMS
(a document management system) with a company I'm not sure I can
announce, but I can tell you our private checkout of MyDMS (which hasn't
been distributed publically, but whose OSS license has been observed and
respected point-by-point) has many more features worthy of consideration
for commercial endeavors.

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010