List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Brokering between developers and paying customers
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 3:40:11

El lun, 20-06-2005 a las 14:40 +0100, Frederick Emmott escribió:
> On Monday 20 June 2005 13:39, Jan de Visser wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > I can't imagine a software company outsourcing the development of a
> > commercial piece of software to some contractor they met over the web.
> >

> www.rentacoder.com

This is very much what's proposed for KDE.  Only that if KDE built its
own rentacoder infrastructure, it would be both:

1) helping the KDE developer get money for himself
2) advancing and promoting KDE usage as a platform

and both goals are good for KDE, from whichever point of view you choose
to exercise as your own.

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010