List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Brokering between developers and paying customers
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 3:37:33

El lun, 20-06-2005 a las 08:30 -0400, Jason Harris escribió:
> Frederick Emmott wrote:
> > If some company wants a closed-source KDE app, they have commercial qt
> > license, does the developer need one too?
> >
> I would think so.  Aren't the commercial Qt licenses sold per-developer?
>
> Jason

A clarification:

This idea can help (at least) two motives:

a) someone wanting to improve KDE itself or some apps distributed by the
KDE project, in which case it evidently wouldn't require to own a QT
developers' license
b) someone wanting to build a commercial non-OSS application based on
KDE technologies, in which case the developer would indeed need a QT
developers' license

Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010