List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Google's Summer of Code
From:       "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-06-02 0:34:51

Aaron et al,

I think in general we are on the same page. Stephen used a very blunt
tool (not that that is unusual!) but...

On Thu 02 Jun 2005 00:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> if brad is like many people i know, including myself, given the
> reaction i received i wouldn't be surprised to see a general "screw
> this, i'll go do something else" response. if not in words, then in
> actions. or rather, in lack of action in the future.

Following that line - if Brad is like most people I know who interact in
on-line discussion forums and mailing lists, he will have been burned
many times before. Just as I have and no doubt you too. But we all know
that that is part and parcel of these things; you stick your head out
and more often than not it gets chopped off!

The difference between the people I know and the people you know (if you
follow) is that they'll come back for more ;)

> remember as well that there are hundreds upon hundreds of people
> watching us on this list.

Which is the reason which motivated me most to reply. I have CC'd people
inadvisedly on e-mails in the past. I paid a price. Usually a public
whipping on a LUG list. But I learnt. Brad will sit back and read these
e-mails and he'll either say:

 - "Barry & Stephen are gobshites"
 - "Barry & Stephen are gobshitess but maybe they have a point. Next
time I'll think about it more"

But - more importantly - so will everyone else on the list.

Now, this gobshite's hitting the sack,

Barry

--
Regards,