List:       kde-devel
Subject:    linkage error with ui-based classes
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-04-18 23:36:33

Hi,

I got back to my project today (in the meantime I switched to kde3.4 and
kdevelop cvs, but I don't think its related to my problem). I made a
dialog as .ui-file and then created a c++-class, which is using the .ui
as baseclass. Now when instantiating this c++-class I get the following
linkage error:

imageprepareview.o(.text+0x22d6): In function
`ImagePrepareView::slotShowDocSettings()':
/home/andreas/projects/imageprepare/src/imageprepareview.cpp:321: undefined reference \
to `ImagePrepareDocSettings::ImagePrepareDocSettings[in-charge](QWidget*, char \
const*, bool, unsigned)'

The header file of ImagePrepareDocSettings is included in this cpp-file
and the constructor is defined aproprately:

class ImagePrepareDocSettings : public ImagePrepareDocSettingsBase
{
	Q_OBJECT

	public:
		ImagePrepareDocSettings(QWidget* parent = 0, const char*
		name = 0, bool modal = FALSE, WFlags fl = 0 );
..
}

The function slotShowDocSettings() looks like this:

void ImagePrepareView::slotShowDocSettings()
{
	ImagePrepareDocSettings* sett = new ImagePrepareDocSettings(this);
	sett->show();
}

I tried to google for that, but the answers did not work or where not
applicable (having a forward declaration within a class instead of
global scope, or just reordering the files in the Makefile.am)

Anybody got any hints on this?

Andreas

--
You will gain money by an immoral action.