List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror & Java Problem with some sites i.e
From:       Herbert S <hs.linux () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-03-30 21:28:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

As confirmed by Raphael I also turned Java-Console to <on> within
Konqueror, but none error-statements occurred.
Also said by Raphael (who seems to be an Austrian user - the country-domain
extension is assumed to think so) the "Sparkasse" has to be contacted.
Let me say: I've done so, stating the Sparkasse the error and pointing to the
fact, that obviously there seems to be NO error within Konqueror and NO
error in my Java-configuration (because everything works fine with mozilla
1.4.).
Reply from Sparkasse was: Sorry, but they do not support Linux and MacOS
implementations, only testing their website against Windows.

James Richard is assumed to be right, when writes of an issue in Konqueror,
which cannot handle some strange Java-Script code within the web-site of
"Sparkasse" (netbanking.at).

In an earlier version of Konqueror ( I believe it was Konqueror 3.1 )
this site was no problem.

So there remains the question:
Where can I post this problem additionel for developpers of Konqueror ?

Statement from James Richard was:

> Actually my configuration (concerning the problem):
>
> KDE 3.3.2
>
> Konqueror 3.3.2
>
> Sun Java J2RE_1.4.2_06
>
> (configured to use in Konqueror-Settings; also stating the Java-Plugin
> in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugin --> a softlink from the Sun_Java Plugin
> ../i386/ns4//libjavaplugin.so)

That would appear to be wrong.  You do not use the Java-Plugin for KDE
and Mozilla or Firefox would require the other plugin -- NOT the NS4
plugin.  Did you set the: "Path to java executable" in the Konqueror KCM?

 Yes, you are right but: I have installed Mozilla 1.4. within a separate
directory within my home-directory, so the used /usr/lib/mozilla/plugin is
only referenced for Konqueror. The mozilla plugin directory resides for me
within /home/herbert/mozilla/plugin/ -> with the correct plugin for mozilla.

But I think I am right to use the NS4-Plugin with Konqueror (all other plugins
would show no effect in the plugin-configuration menu of konqueror !)

Best regards
Herbert