List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Frank Schmitt <ich () frank-schmitt ! net>
Date:       2005-03-12 13:12:17

Gábor Lehel <illissius@gmail.com> writes:

> I see two problems with this, one technical and one more 'fundamental':
> the technical one: how to make sure people actually pay what they have
> pledged when the feature is implemented? obviously, they should not
> have to pay anything until it is.
> the fundamental one: it may have a rather negative affect on code
> quality if people start doing ugly hacks just to claim the money. is
> there any way this could be avoided?

I see a third problem: We have users all over the globe, people from
richer countries and and people from poorer countries. It's unfair if
e.g. kweather learns about German wetherstations earlier than about
nigerian ones, hust because people from Germany tend to be richer.

I think this whole idea sucks.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough