List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money ... can we close it?
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-03-12 13:45:56

It would suck having money involved in such a way and I personally would
probably pack my C++ tools and say my goodbyes.

Instead of discussing that, couldn't we discuss about the project, couln't we
write more docs, couldn't we express our satisfaction to people who achieve
great things instead of always moaning? Yes we can. The project moves away
because great people spend a lot of time for it, for free, because they like
it. Let's thanks them and let's help them.
I did not read the article you mention. However, this is our (community)
responsability what KDE is, everyone can help. You can write 5 text lines
unformatted and send them to the doc team: you're making KDE a step closer to
the user. You can test some bugs and add a comment: you're making KDE a step
closer to the user.
I understand that it is easier to donate money than time and people think they
do their part with that. In some cases this is valid but in some cases this
is not. I find myself involved in several real life local projects where I
give my time and I believe it makes a difference while money will not.

You idea is not about donation, not about freedom, it's about getting
something for money-> trade, commerce.

Anne-Marie