List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Boudewijn Gailliaert <b.gailliaert () hccnet ! nl>
Date:       2005-03-12 8:09:44

Hi Maurizio,

I like the idea, but I am pretty shure that a company like MS would donate a lot
of money to skip a few good options in KDE.
How would you handle such situations?

In my opinion we shouldn't let money rule.

However, I agree that *normal* users should be aware of the
*possibility* to influence the development of KDE.
Maybe this could be an important marketing instrument in
the sense of one of earlier topics.

On the other hand: why let people without knowledge, (and maybe
enough money), decide what to do? In the case of user-options it
could work, but not at the system-level.

I am a "normal" user myself, coming from the MS-world and
still looking for a way to donate (active, not financially) to
the OS-community. That is also the reason I'm on this list.

- Boudewijn
(Excuses for my Dutch English?)