List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProcess doesn't produce receive signal when waiting on input.
From:       "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro () alumni ! cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2005-02-28 6:56:34

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:15:14PM -0600, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
>> KProcess::setUsePty() fixed the problem...thanks.  Now on to the problem
>> of
>> how to read the non newline terminated "Continue y/n?".  Any suggestions?
>>
> with the pty, it should work. kprocess does not buffer anything. btw,
> don't expect the output to be line-blocked; if you want certainity, you
> have to use kprocio

Heh, I was doing my own buffering until I found out about KProcIO...I'm
using that now, its very convenient, I like it.

> (but then you might really have a problem with
> incomplete lines).

I actually took a cheap hack way out.  There is a line that is "constant"
that appears a few lines before the prompt.  When that line comes in via
KProcIO, I fire off a QTimer.singleShot() to a slot that "manually" prints
the prompt to the user.  Then when the users answers the prompt and the
prompt text comes in via KProcIO, I just don't echo it.