List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No tooltips in systray
From:       Jes Hall <jes.hall () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-02-11 2:20:23

On Thursday 10 February 2005 18:15, Rainer Wirtz wrote:
> I wanted to commit a fix for bug 88360 (tooltip only showing a fraction
> of a second). I had tooltips switched of and switched them on again for
> a last check.
> Now there's no tooltip at all in systray. The rest of kicker shows
> tooltips, including the handle of systray, but not the icons (klipper,
> kppp, knotes, kget) in the systray.
> Is this known? is there a hidden switch somewhere? Or shall I report a
> bug.
> My system is CVS-HEAD maybe a week old. bugs.kde.org gives nothing.
>
> Rainer

The systray tooltips are actually not controlled through kicker's dialog, but
by the global tooltip options under Appearance & Themes > Style. Have you
tried checking if they're enabled there ? :)
--
JH

KDE frequently asked questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");