List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT for Windows released under GPL
From:       Bobby <kconfigure () rockerssoft ! com>
Date:       2005-02-10 14:43:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 10 February 2005 04:48, Paul Temple wrote:
> I don't want to limit myself to one or two vendors, I just want
> to search the net, compare the systems, choose one I like and
> buy that. A windows user can do that. And that's nice. "They"
> have a wide choice. "We" don't.

Well, as long as they don't go to an Apple store, or buy a mini computer, or
want to buy the current top-o-the-line Sparc, or an Itanium I... or 2..

So basically you want to be able to search the net, compare systems configured
to run specifically run windows, choose one you like, and then wonder why
Linux does not support everything on the system you bought?

If you want to run OSX you have to pay attention to what OSX runs... if you
want to run Windows you have to pay attention to what Windows supports
(admittedly the majority of system are focused on this platform).. if you
want to run Solaris you have to pay attention to what Solaris will run...
thats just life.

Bobby
--
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-George Mason