List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT for Windows released under GPL
From:       Bobby <kconfigure () rockerssoft ! com>
Date:       2005-02-09 22:26:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 11:32, Paul Temple wrote:

> And if we get to the point, where windows and linux provide the
> same range of applications, people (IT decision makers, too) are
> really free to decide which os they want to use.

But this is exactly the point I am trying to make.  We will not be able to
provide the same range of applications if we work to get our applications
working on Windows and they don't work to get their applications working on
*nix.  i.e.

our range now (linux apps),  there range now (windows apps), our range if KDE
is ported to windows (linux apps), there range if KDE is ported to windows
(windows apps AND linux apps)

Currently Linux and Windows are getting close to providing the same "range" of
applications; but that will NOT be the case if KDE apps are ported to
Windows.

brockers

--
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower