List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs3 and IPV6
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-02-09 21:22:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>Hi,

Hello. Here in the KDE lists, please mention the version you have. Since
KDE 4 doesn't exist, I must assume that "kdelibs4" is the name Debian
gave for kdelibs 3.x.

>before reporting a bug, I'd like to ask the kde-developers if this is
>intended behaviour: My kdelibs4 (from Debian package, configured with
>--with-ipv6=auto, IIRC) starts dns resolution for ipv6 ip's even if I
>disabled IPv6 in the kernel and the hosts have an IPv4 defined in
>/etc/hosts. So is this OK? Or is a Bug-report apropriate?

The feature was removed in KDE 3.3, but has been reintroduced for 3.4. The
option you mention (--with-ipv6) has been removed. The test is now
automatic in every case.

In other words, there was no use in allowing a choice in the matter: if
you don't have IPv6, the resolution is not needed. If you do, then you
probably want the resolution.

The only case left is those users who don't want IPv6 but have it enabled
nonetheless.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."