List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT for Windows released under GPL
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () eregion ! de>
Date:       2005-02-09 20:51:13

Hi all,

my 2 cent on "KDE on windows"...

First, some introductionary facts:

I use linux on my laptop and my desktop almost exclusively. There are
only two exceptions to this rule:
- on my desktop i boot into windows when i want to master a video dvd.
there's still no app on linux (or rather, no open source app) for dvd
mastering that is as powerful, yet simple to use, as dvdlab pro on
windows.
- on my laptop i boot into windows if the rare case happens that i
have to go online via my cellphone connected via bluetooth.

So, I can clearly say that i wouldn't even bother to install a
full-fledged KDE environment in windows, simply because it would be
too much effort for the two jobs that still make me use "that other
OS". But I'd really love to have kmail and kopete "over there" as
well, just because I'm so used to those...

bye,
	MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD
763C