List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: persistent slow loading in Konqueror
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-01-25 18:07:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Allen Winter wrote:
>All I can say is "Wow!".
>With KDE_NO_IPV6=true I can now see my favorite banking page
>and Konqueror seems so much faster on a few of my other favs.
>Firefox works ok on these pages -- and you are saying that they
>don't have the killfile implementation??

They do. I'm just unsure how closely they maintain the their list.

>I gotta believe that doing something to make Konqueror handle
>broken IPV6 better would go a long way to keeping users from
>switching to Firefox.  I know I had given up on Konqueror because
>I need to get to the aforementioned banking pages.  But i like the
>Konqueror interface so much better than Firefox -- I'm glad to
>be back with Konqi!

I have just committed the blacklist implementation.

If your banking site loads ads or whatever from domains with buggy DNS
servers, this solves your problem.

If your banking site has a buggy DNS server of its own, this DOESN'T solve
your problem. Our solution consists of simply saying "it doesn't exist"
for every domain listed in the blacklist. So you cannot access sites
listed in the file.

If your DNS server is buggy, this DOESN'T solve your problem.

You can still use the KDE_NO_IPV6 variable, though.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.